Saturday, September 18, 2010

Power of a Note

I was reminded the other day of a small but powerful tool.  I entered my office and found a small note lying on my desk which said:

A good teacher is like a candle which consumes itself to light the way for others 

The funny thing was, I didn't know who it wrote it and why they had decided to place it on my desk.  I actually spent a few minutes trying to think of who had taken the time to share this special thought with me but was unable to figure it out.  Needless to say, it didn't really matter.  The note made me feel great!  To be honest, I put it on my bulletin board and it has been there for the past couple of weeks.  Each time I look at it, I feel motivated, enthused and appreciated.  It is amazing that this short note has had such a positive impact on me.

This led me to think, why don't I do this more often?  Time to pay it forward!

Photo Credit:  http://positivepsychologynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/thank-you-bodies.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment